Conquer the World with Excellent Communication Skills”
Excellent communication skills must be learned since it is the key to success. The ability to communicate in an effective manner is crucial in education, work and relationships. To develop good communication skills, you do not need to apply too much of an effort. If you are bogged down with how to improve the communication skills, you may use certain communication hacks. HOW TO IMPROVE YOUR COMMUNICATION SKILLS
Building Up Courage to Speak
Whether you are giving an interview or are amid the seniors, try and gather courage to speak exactly what you feel. Be confident and think that you can make a great contribution to the conversation. Think prior to speaking. But, be aware of your feelings and opinion before you speak. “How to improve communication skills”
Body Language Matters
To communicate effectively and to make others listen, take up a powerful pose. Even the non-verbal cues reveal what you are thinking. Make the eye contact properly and hold yourself in an imposing matter during the video conference. Engage the audience with an eye contact and then start speaking. Body language plays a vital role in allowing you to respond aptly to others. It is the sign of having good communication skills.
Doing Away with Irrelevant Conversation Fillers
“Ifs”, “Buts”, “oohs”, “ouch” are a real turn off. These conversation fillers must be done away with. Improve your speech by eliminating those sigh gestures from a spoken sentence. Try and pause in between to gain the attention of the listeners. Silence is better than sighs. How to improve communication skills
Bring Up Examples while Talking
If you are able to prove the relevance of your talk with examples, it will offer an advantage. Examples in the form of anecdotes are powerful enough to activate the brains of the listener. It is sure to establish you as an excellent speaker in front of others. Try to become a great story teller while addressing the masses or groups.
Stir Up the Conversation by Including Questions
Questions can act as superb fillers in between. Try and ask questions from others to fill up awkward silences. Avoid talking mundane and include the best questions.
Say ‘No’ to Distractions
When someone is talking, put off your cell phone. It is extremely rude to check emails and text messages while someone is speaking. Focus on what one is saying to contribute to the communication thread. How to improve communication skills
Be Specific and Precise
Avoid the irrelevant talks by straightaway coming to the point. Your lengthy discussion may distract others. Be terse, specific and precise to appeal to the listener.
Good communication starts from being clear, direct and confident. Excellent communication skill may be gained by following the above tips.
10 Most important points to improve Your communication skills
1. Listen, listen, and listen. People want to know that they are being heard. Really listen to what the other person is saying, instead of formulating your response. Ask for clarification to avoid misunderstandings. At that moment, the person speaking to you should be the most important person in your life. Another important point is to have one conversation at a time. This means that if you are speaking to someone on the phone, do not respond to an email, or send a text at the same time. The other person will know that she doesn’t have your undivided attention. “How to improve communication skills”
2. Who you are talking to matters. It is okay to use acronyms and informal language when you are communicating with a buddy, but if you are emailing or texting your boss, “Hey,” “TTYL” or any informal language, has no place in your message. You cannot assume that the other person knows what the acronym means. Some acronyms have different meanings to different people, do you want to be misunderstood? Effective communicators target their message based on who they are speaking to, so try to keep the other person in mind, when you are trying to get your message across.
3. Body language matters. This is important for face-to-face meetings and video conferencing. Make sure that you appear accessible, so have open body language. This means that you should not cross your arms. And keep eye contact so that the other person knows that you are paying attention.
4. Check your message before you hit send. Spell and grammar checkers are lifesavers, but they are not foolproof. Double check what you have written, to make sure that your words are communicating the intended message.
5. Be brief, yet specific. For written and verbal communication, practice being brief yet specific enough, that you provide enough information for the other person to understand what you are trying to say. And if you are responding to an email, make sure that you read the entire email before crafting your response. With enough practice, you will learn not to ramble, or give way too much information. “How to improve communication skills”
6. Write things down. Take notes while you are talking to another person or when you are in a meeting, and do not rely on your memory. Send a follow-up email to make sure that you understand what was being said during the conversation.
7. Sometimes it’s better to pick up the phone. If you find that you have a lot to say, instead of sending an email, call the person instead. Email is great, but sometimes it is easier to communicate what you have to say verbally.
8. Think before you speak. Always pause before you speak, not saying the first thing that comes to mind. Take a moment and pay close attention to what you say and how you say it. This one habit will allow you to avoid embarrassments. How to improve communication skills
9. Treat everyone equally. Do not talk down to anyone, treating everyone with respect. Treat others as your equal.
10. Maintain a positive attitude and smile. Even when you are speaking on the phone, smile because your positive attitude will shine through and the other person will know it. When you smile often and exude a positive attitude, people will respond positively to you.